Candidate List of substances of very high concern for Authorisation
- Authentic version: Only the Candidate List published on this website is deemed authentic. Companies may have immediate legal obligations following the inclusion of a substance in the Candidate List on this website including in particular Articles 7, 31 and 33 of the REACH Regulation.
- Reason for Inclusion: Article 57(a) means carcinogenic category 1A or 1B; Article 57(b) means mutagenic category 1A or 1B; Article 57(c) means toxic for reproduction category 1A or 1B; Article 57(d) means persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic (PBT); Article 57(e) means very persistent and very bioaccumulative (vPvB); Article 57(f) means equivalent level of concern having probable serious effects to human health (and/or) the environment.
Where superscript figures appear in this column it means that information on conditions applicable to the classification of the substance is available through the "Details" button.
- EC number, CAS number: The EC number includes both anhydrous and hydrated forms of a substance and consequently the entries cover both these forms. The CAS number included may be for the anhydrous form only, and therefore the CAS number shown does not always describe the entry accurately.
- Other numerical identifiers: For those entries with "-" in the EC number and CAS number columns, a non-exhaustive inventory of EC and/or CAS Registry numbers describing substances or groups of substances considered to fall within the scope of the Candidate List entry is included, where practicably possible. This information can be accessed through the "Details" button of the selected entry.
- IUCLID 5 Substance Datasets: These are partly pre-filled substance data sets in IUCLID 5 format. They are provided as a support for importers or producers of articles preparing notifications for substances in articles. The notifying company remains, however, solely responsible for the appropriateness and correctness of the information submitted in the notification. [ Quotation from ECHA , European Chemicals Agency ]
For more information ;